General Moly adheres to the principle of sustainable development. Our goal is to have positive impacts on the environment and communities where we operate. Beyond complying with all applicable regulations and environmental standards, we will always operate with integrity, foster positive relationships with our stakeholders, treat all people with respect and dignity, and continuously hold the health and safety of our employees and stakeholders paramount.
We declare our commitment to protect the environment in the conduct of our activities.
We will continue to pursue and improve company environmental performance with the same diligence we pursue financial, health and safety performance. We are committed to pollution prevention and responsible environmental stewardship.
- Design, construct, operate and close our mining and related support facilities considering the needs of the environment, our local community and our shareholders while conforming with applicable environmental laws, regulations and agreements.
- Establish sound environmental goals consistent with continuous improvement and sustainable growth and development and resource conservation.
- Maintain a continuous dialogue with stakeholders to address environmental concerns.
- Provide environmental training to our employees and contractors to include information on environmental permits, regulations and best management practices within their area of control.
- Promote accountability for environmental performance at all levels of the organization to hold our employees and contractors accountable for compliance with requirements of environmental permits, regulations and best practices within their area of control.
- Evaluate and recognize employee, company and contractor environmental performance.
- Foster a culture where every employee is encouraged to adopt responsible environmental stewardship in his or her daily activities. Furthermore, we encourage our employees and business partners to incorporate this ethic in their homes and communities.
- Foster a culture where all employees are responsible for immediately reporting any non-conformance conditions or conditions that could reasonably lead to non-conformance.
- Communicate this policy to our employees, customers, contractors, suppliers and ensure that it is available to the public.
Wherever General Moly operates, we make financial and in-kind contributions to the community. Our focus includes education, social services and community development. Our employees are generous with their time and activities in giving back to the communities in which they live.
Our educational contributions are designed to support both traditional and non-traditional teaching and training programs. In the social services area we embrace the elderly, handicapped, drug abuse programs and indigent support. Community development projects include sports and other facilities, along with sponsorship of community events.
As a corporate citizen, our goal is make the places where we live and operate better for our having been there.